- Introduction: Our platform focuses on specific administrative/legal needs of people concerning the application of Marriage Certificates.
- Why is the process needed: A marriage Certificate is a document issued by the Registrar of Marriages to ascertain the marriage union between two persons.
A Marriage Certificate is essential because:
- It gives one the eligibility to inherit your spouse’s property and also jointly own properties without fear of being denied the right to share the matrimonial property when your spouse dies.
- The certificate enables your spouse to join your health benefits.
- It is very handy if you have to prove that you are a legally married couple in front of any authorities.
- Risk/what happens if the process is not undertaken: Lack of a Marriage Certificate means that one cannot prove that they are indeed married in Kenya. In addition, you are liited from accessing your spouse’s benefits.
Set out below is a summary of the requirements, the procedure and the time frame for applying for Marriage Certificates.